Monday, August 27, 2012

Rustic Clay Tags - 'Soap"

Pin It
I absolutely love the little mason jar soap dispenser I shared with you this weekend.
A few of my friends have liked them as well so I've made a few extra!

Today I wanted to show you how quick and easy it is to make the little tags for decoration out of clay.


While attempting to watch tv the other night, I grabbed a cookie sheet, a sheet of tin foil, an old cookie cutter with a scallop edge and my Sculpy clay.  After rolling and flattening them {yes, they have imperfections- lends to the hand crafted feel} I used my little stamp set I had found at our local Walmart to gently imprint each letter into the clay.  I actually pumped out quite a few very quickly along with some other words I liked and baked them according to the directions on the clay


Once they were cool, each were given a quick coat of a coffee brown glaze, simply made from water and coffee bean acrylic paint.  Allowed to set just for a few seconds, then wiped with a paper towel.
The brown paint gently stains the surface.
Just do not wipe out all of the paint from the indented letters!


Each tag received a coat of satin water based poly and were allowed to dry.

When finished you have cute little clay tags to add some rustic decoration to your favorite things!





You can keep up with the T&B craziness by following along
GFC, Linky, FB, G+, Twitter and Pintrest too!
Like this post?  Feel free to Pin and gPlus away!



Linking with these Fantastic blogs Here!

10 comments:

Leslie @ Violet Imperfection said...

How easy to make, I really like them a lot.

Unknown said...

What an adorable idea! So cute. :)

Summer Daniels said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I love this idea - these make fabulous labels for gifts. Thank you for sharing.

Katherine said...

I love these clay tags! Perfect for so many things! The glaze gives them an aged feel. Thanks for sharing at Gettin' Krafty!

Unknown said...

Love! I will remember this for the holiday's. The kids could even help with this project. Thanks for sharing on Super Sweet Sunday.
Stephanie

Aubrey vs. Terry said...

I love this idea! It's so cute an simple. I might use these as labels on Christmas gifts this year.

Heaven's Walk said...

What a cute idea! Making those clay tags can become addicting, so watch out. lol! I've made many before to sell in my booth and used DAS air dry clay. It's nice and easy to use and you don't have to bake it. :)

xxo laurie

Donna Wilkes said...

How great an idea for any gift! Love the rustic nature if them.

Distressed Donna Down Home

Twigs and Twirls said...

These are really adorable. I keep meaning to try doing tags out of clay but there is just never enough time to try everything. Really great idea

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...