Sunday, April 1, 2012

Seeking Sunday- Riches

Pin It
Just a simple thought for your Sunday.  Obviously, I was not one of the lucky winning ticket holders for the Mega Millions that made news country wide...

As I look around our home and especially at our car [which is rusting away] feelings of jealousy can creep in as I think of my friends who own fancy homes and drive the latest Mercedes.  Makes you think sometimes of the unfairness of it all.

But, as I tell my children, I also remind myself:

It is not what you have that makes you who you are.

We as a family are rich in many ways.

As I spent a good part of my day yesterday feeling sorry for myself and envious of others,  this verse came to me through an email.

Matthew 6:19-21"Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." (ESV)

I pray you enjoy your week as we journey toward Easter Sunday.  Have a glorious Day!

1 comment:

Andie Jaye said...

great points. it's so easy to get caught up in the "keeping up with the joneses" game. so glad that you were able to receive some uplifting words :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...