Sunday, May 29, 2011

Quilted Blanket

Pin It
Big ones, little ones...
Black, white or brown ones...

Funny ones, serious ones, sporty ones...

They are all special!

What am I talking about...you ask?

What else, but Tshirts!
Hanes Adult Beefy-T Pocket T-Shirt
I've been working on a Tshirt quilted blanket and wanted to share the idea with you since Father's Day is right around the corner.

Take those Tshirts Dad has from the closets & drawers...

You know, the ones he's worn til they are soft and comfy.  The ones he treasures so much he can't part with...and make him a quilt!

It's really quite simple.
Cut each Tshirt down into squares of the same size.
Take care to cut out the photos or numbers from the fronts and backs.
Piece togeather each square and sew into strips of 4/5 depending how long or wide you want the blanket then sew each strip to the next strip.  Sandwich a blanket size of quilt batting between the two.


Viola!

A perfect one of a kind gift idea for that perfect one of a kind Dad this Father's Day!
Next I'll be sharing some other Tshirt ideas we've been working on using some more of those old shirts and even the scraps from this project!  I hope everyone is having a wonderful Memorial Day!  Just wanted to share a photo of our new addition to the family...
Orton

I know its blurry but I had to show you this photo...what a face!
6 pounds of pure precious

Big girl Stasha is not so thrilled!

What are you doing this Holiday Weekend? 


Linking up with some GReAT PaRTieS this week ... check them all out over there on the right. Also, Blogger is NOT being nice to me today...I have tried to leave many of you comments but keep being redirected back to the sign in page!  So, I am sorry.
mommahenscoop

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm saving my girls' outgrown shirts to make activity quilts. Such a cute and easy idea!

Wendy said...

This would make a great Father's Day gift! (Especially since my hubby has a TON of t-shirts & hates getting rid of them!) Thanks for the great idea!

Katie said...

Love this idea! I have a million t-shirts I never wear but refuse to get rid of - I've been wanting to make a t-shirt quilt with them! Too cute!

Linda said...

Love this !!

Debbiedoos said...

What a neat idea. Wish I could sew. Thanks for sharing at my newbie party.

Rachel said...

What a neat idea ~ thanks for sharing!

Mel Creates Often said...

Love this idea! It is simple enough for me to try.

Daniella said...

Oh my heck! That is a fabulous idea!! I am visiting from Sunburnt Cow, and your blog is awesome!!
I'm also your newest follower!!
xxDaniella

Andie Jaye said...

poo on me. i'm soo behind on comments. i love this! i tried to make one with all of my high school/college activity shirts, but didn't think to cut tehm all the same. years later, i wish i would've thought before i cut. meh. what can you do? what an awesome thing to make for your hubs! i bet he's gonna love it! and thanks for linking up! your support means so much! will be emailing you a pic for that canvas soon. there's a design that pip uses on everything and i'm trying to sneak one out of her room without her noticing :P talk to you soon! andie

Andie Jaye said...

oh! and your new furry baby is ridiculously cute! seriously. if i were to ever visit your house, i'd put him in my purse when i left :)

Chris said...

That is such a great idea! Thanks for sharing with Us and Them. Chris

Terry said...

Great project! I just broke out my sewing machine last weekend - my hubby has lots of t-shirts..I might just have to raid his t-shirt drawn..thanks for linking up, I always enjoy reading your blog!

Unknown said...

I love this idea. The quilt looks great. My boys have some favourite tshirts and I will now save them for one like this. Thanks for the inspiration.

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Woof! Woof! What a FUN project. Stopping by from "Creative Blog Party". Woofs to Orton n Stasha. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

Jenn Erickson said...

Visiting from the Creative Bloggers Party & Hop over at Create with Joy!

Love your t-shirt quilt! What a wonderful way to upcycle and preserve those wearable mementos!

So pleased to "meet" you!

New follower,
Jenn/Rook No. 17

Be Colorful Coastal said...

Love this idea. I've always wanted to make one for the kids with all of their shirts from various activities but never thought of one for the hubs. Thanks for sharing at Motivated Monday. I hope you can link up again soon.
Pam

Jami said...

Great job on the tshirt quilt!!! Will definitely have to give this a try one day! So glad you shared it at the Tuesday To Do Party! Can't wait to see what you share next!
Smiles!
Jami

Andie Jaye said...

just wanted to let you know that i'm featuring this in this week's tip-toe thru tuesday. stop over and grab a button :)

Anonymous said...

what a great idea for tee shirts,, I'm your newest follower,,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...