Monday, September 17, 2012

Wooden Train Set Revival

Pin It
Sorry for the mommy outburst this morning... I've debated pulling that post, but decided that It's my blog and part of my life so I may as well let you all in on the 'behind the scenes' here!

A few hours with a paintbrush can work miracles and I couldn't wait to show you my newest little revived treasure! 

I recently had a chance to get out and do some thrifting at the local GW. I absolutely love to shop. I admit I get a thrill from it, especially when I find some really neat stuff for my home and shop at some wonderful prices! As I meandered the isles of the thrift store... my eyes always gravitate to all things wood and paintable.  {I saw the most adorable old couch with scrolled  claw feet, but unfortunately was not able to purchase it... sob sob}.  I pretty much had all I could afford to grab that day when my eyes spotted a small unfinished wood box, shaped like a briefcase.  At first I thought it was one of those art sets you can find just about anywhere.  I almost just kept on walkin'.


As I started to walk by, I decided to just go ahead and take a little peek... even if it were one of those art sets... the unfinished box alone would make a great surface to paint a lil something onto...

To my surprise, as I opened the latches... it was the cutest little wooden magnetic train set!

The tracks and animals are in an almost new state; the little train has seen some wear... nothing that couldn't be fixed though... I think?  The price was certainly right so I put the little cutie in my cart. 

I thought and thought on that little box for about 2 days and this morning I just grabbed a pencil, sketching out a cute little train right onto both sides of the box.  Grabbing the paint, I set out to create a cute little train case fit for any little conductor!


One side, the text, "My Train" was added with some thinned black paint and a liner brush.  The other side was left with no text, so that it can be personalized.  

 
Here's a close up of the little train... {don't worry, the smiley faced watermark isn't part of the design}

Debating whether I should place him the Shop or hold him back for the craft fairs I will be doing in October.  Kinda wishin' Awesome was a bit smaller to play with it... but somehow I don't think 11 year old boys play with little magnetic train sets, lol. 


You can keep up with the T&B craziness by following along
GFC, Linky, FB, G+, Twitter and Pintrest too!
Like this post?  Feel free to Pin and gPlus away!

Linking with these Fantastic blogs Here!

2 comments:

Andie Jaye said...

ooooh! i vote craft fairs... it'll only take a pair of cute hands and a puh-leease and it'll be sold!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh...you are so creative and talented. The train is adorable! Perfect project for A Bouquet of Talent!!! :)
Thank you so much for sharing. I love it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...