Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Hubby's gonna Kill Me!

Pin It
Hubby's gonna kill me!

Back in July I got the best idea ever.  To paint our kitchen a nice bright white... pure white.  I painted low and as high as I could, but hubby had to get the really high areas because of my back and neck injury {hey, I don't want to hurt for next 8 weeks}.  Hubby is the Yin to my Yang, he hates painting!  I loved the fresh feel of the kitchen, so clean and pure; I was so thankful that we chose such a bright white.

Fast Forward oh 6 weeks... I'm not lovin' it so much.

I appreciate that it's so bright and clean... but it's not me.  I look at other white homes and love it.  I look at other grey colored homes and love them too... but, I'm craving color!  Appreciating and living in are two separate issues, right?

Enter my newest purchase, the rug!

Rich browns and rusts with sage greens and an oh so pretty blue... on a creamy background.  So much yummy color... no bright white.

Told hubby I want to repaint... met with blank 'are you nuts' glare... 

What color would you choose?






You can keep up with the T&B craziness by following along
GFC, Linky, FB, G+, Twitter and Pintrest too!
Like this post?  Feel free to Pin and gPlus away!

Linking with these Fantastic blogs Here!

4 comments:

Http://whatmeeganmakes.com said...

Of course, I would say use the blue. It is calming, and hubby will probably be happy you did it when it is done ;)
Love the new look of you blog, Kimberly!

Unknown said...

I am guessing it is the walls and not the cabinets...I like the blue or green...but my go to color is "Cafe au lait" from walmart...of course its not a "color" but it is neutral and looks good in any light, and goes well with all woods, and other accent colors.good luck with painting!

Unknown said...

I am guessing it is the walls and not the cabinets...I like the blue or green...but my go to color is "Cafe au lait" from walmart...of course its not a "color" but it is neutral and looks good in any light, and goes well with all woods, and other accent colors.good luck with painting!

Shannah @ Just Us Four said...

What about picking a warmer neutral? It looks like you have mostly warm colors in the rug and by picking a neutral you wouldn't have to repaint when you change out the accents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...