Tuesday, April 5, 2011

God Sent Angel

Pin It

I have been blessed in so many ways.  I have two beautiful children, Alexis & Austin.  They are my inspiration for everything I do... Alexis is a special needs child with multiple mental & physical impairments.  She has been through more than anyone I know and her strength and determination is nothing short of a miracle.




Mommy, Alexis, & Austin

Alexis 'technically' died 3 times before she was 9 months old and was brought back.  She lived with the help of a tracheotomy for 2 years.  Her main diagnosis is Albright's Hereditary Osteodystrophy and Mental Retardation among many others. 

One day when she was about 4 she asked me who 'the man in a picure' was...I replied, 'That's Jesus.'  She smiled, nodded her head, then very nonchalantly  stated, "Oh yea...I know him...he's a very nice man."

Guess what?  I believe she really did meet Jesus! (you can think I'm nuts, that's ok)

Alexis & Mommy

She has taught the hubster & I so very very much...

I am the disabled child. I am your teacher. If you allow me, I will teach you what is really important in life. I will give you and teach you unconditional love. I gift you with my innocent trust, my dependency upon you. I teach you about how precious this life is and about not taking things for granted. I teach you about forgetting your own needs and desires and dreams. I teach you giving. Most of all I teach you hope and faith. I am the disabled child.
Author Unknown


sorry about the quality of this photo...but she really did look like an angel!

God Sent To Me An Angel

God sent to me an angel,
it had a broken wing.
I bent my head and wondered
“How could God do such a thing?”

When I asked the Father
why He sent this child to me,
the answer was forthcoming,
He said “Listen and you’ll see.”
“My children are all precious,
and none is like the rest.
Each one to me is special,
and the least is as the best.
I send each one from Heaven
and I place it in the care
of those who know my mercy,
those with love to spare.
Sometimes I take them back again.
Sometimes I let them stay.
No matter what may happen
I am never far away.
So if you find an angel
and you don’t know what to do,
remember, I am with you,
love is all I ask of you.”

author:Paul Dammann

Just wanted to give you some insight as to who I am as a person and what inspires me!  Thanks for stopping by again.  If this is your first time here...please go over there to your right and hit that button!  I'd be so proud to have you as a friend!

And I promise...I'll be back later today with a DIY project!

16 comments:

Grannys Attic said...

Beautiful! What a special child sent from heaven to bless your life. Thanks for touching my heart today, Vicky

Raynata said...

This was beautiful. Thanks for sharing your daughter's story. I've enjoyed reading your blog.

Marisa said...

I believe that she met Jesus too! I came to this page through the made over 6 dollar dress, which you did a FAB job on! She looked so happy at the dance :)!!! Love it!

Carrie said...

Such an inspiration, thanks for telling her story.

Sue said...

Awesome family there. This is not the first time I have heard of special needs children knowing who Jesus is already when they are asked. Jesus truly does love the little children.

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

I have no doubt that Lexa knows exactly who Jesus is and she probably knows Him in a much deeper way than others. Blessings on you -- love what you did with her dance dress! What a labor of love that was!

Unknown said...

I LOVE the poems you found. I taught special needs kids for 5 years before I started my family. I agree that they bless my life, way more than I could ever bless theirs! I also beleive that she knows Jesus and that HE knows her. Just as He is aware of each of us and our special purpose here. Thank you for all of your love to your daughter!

Amy said...

She does look like an angel in that picture. I just got done wiping away the tears after I read the part where she met Jesus. What a blessed Momma you are!

Claudia Almandoz Gerbolini said...

I LOVE this post! I believe from the deepest part of me, that those angels God send us know about pain and survival as much as they know about light and angels...much more than we do. And yes they are our teachers. I wrote about my particular angel, and even though the experience is so different, I still believe in miracles thanks to him. My son.
http://handmadeconamor.blogspot.com/p/mommys-miracle-el-milagro-de-mama.html
thankyou for sharing and inspiring.... lovely to have found you!

Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

what a sweet girl!! Thanks for sharing about your family.

Once, my son told me a story about meeting "angels" that just stopped my heart. My husband and I were shocked. he told the same story, the same way, for about 3 days. He was so descriptive about it, even though he didn't really have many words yet (he was 3).

Unknown said...

she looks just like an angel in that picture. It's amazing what others can teach us. Happy mothers day to a beautiful momma!
xx
misty

Victoria said...

thanx for sharing your beautiful angel with us! And that poem is Great, I want to share it with my sister-in-law, who's daughter was born with hydrocephalus {water on the brain}, and other diagnosis'. She, {my neice}, is now 17, and cannot walk, after many surgeries on her hips.
Don't our children teach us so much?

willowbird35 said...

After reading about Alexa's dress for her 1st ever dance, I decided to go back and read your post where you first introduced her. I cried like a baby!! It really touched me! God bless you and Alexa both. What an amazing story. She really is an angel! - Karen

Katemonster23 said...

Thank you for sharing your story with us. I truly believe that she did meet Jesus. You are doing a wonderful job as her mother and I know that God is looking over you guys. <3

-Kate

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your story and introducing your daughter. I teach special needs students in high school, for 22 years now, and I am so happy you recognize you have an angel. I'm following now and I'm off to see more of your blog.

Hills N Valleys said...

BEAUTIFUL! (what you wrote AND your daughter!) When my son was younger he often talked about seeing Jesus and angels. He talked about angels before he even had learned what they were.(oh and I know this is a late entry but it caught my eye)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...