Sunday, October 9, 2011

Face Painting Frenzy - Fit for a Princess

Pin It
Thanks for coming back for another episode of Face Painting Frenzy.

We have a whimsical design for you today we call

Fit for a Princess!



Alexis and I enjoyed bringing the quick easy kitty cat to you and we hope you enjoyed it.
If you missed the fun, you can find the kitty cat post here.

Remember, we want this to be a fun experience for everyone so do not get hung up on perfection!
That's the hard part for me.  I spend alot of time on detail when I paint for other purposes so it is a challenge for me to just LeT Go!

For our princess, we used just pink and white face paint pots, a detail or liner brush, and some glittery eye shadow from the makeup basket.  We are trying to keep the 'ingredients' list small but feel free to amp it up with some face glitter or rhinestones for that extra sparkle!

1.  First I rubbed some pink eye shadow right on my finger and covered the eyelids extending up over the eyebrows onto the forehead.  I also covered the cheekbones with the shadow.
Then with the liner brush and some thinned down white paint from the paint pot we started with parenthesis shaped lines above the inner corners of both eyes, added some dots and comma shaped stokes with the paint brush.

 

2.  Next, more scroll like lines were added above and across the eyebrow, extending down the side of the nose onto the cheek.  We added some more dots as well.  For time purposes, we only continued down one side of the face, you may (or may not) want to mimic the design down the other side of the face as well.


3.  Tear drops were painted from the corner of the eye.  Two swirls were added below those onto the cheek as well as more dots.  On the forehead a grouping of six tear drops were painted, 3 up and 3 down.


4.   Lastly, some bight pink accents were added.  A diamond was painted in the middle of the forehead.
This is where I would have added some rhinestones or crystals
(if I had them, but I don't, so I didn't)
for some added bling factor!


A pretty princess dress and perhaps a beautiful little tiara would be all you need to transform your little girl (or boy...) for a magical Halloween Eve!



Linking up with those Spooktacular Link Parties listed below in the footer!


2 comments:

Bethany @ A Fish Who Likes Flowers said...

I just wanted to let you know that I'm awarding you the Versatile Blogger award! Because you deserve it, of course. So come on over to accept your award!

Andie Jaye said...

this is so fun! she looks darling. drop me a line when you get time...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...