Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Christmas Wedding Cake Poll

Pin It
I've been asked to create a Traditional Wedding Cake for a Christmas Wedding.  Very Exciting...fun..can't wait!

Bride and Groom would like a traditional 3 layer Christmas themed cake, done in traditional red, green & white.

Perhaps some roses and greenery,  maybe some poinsettias... oh what do I want to do?

I would like your help on this one!

I would really like to have your opinions peeps!
I have browsed the internet for some inspiration since I have not done a Christmas cake.  I have lots & lots of ideas...but as usual the hardest part is narrowing it down.

So, here are some of my favs...


Cake #1 - Traditional 3 tier white buttercream w/ poinsettias.
I don't care for the topper used on this one, that would have to go. 

Cake #2 -  Gift box cake.  Red & white fondant w/ lots of details.  No green though.  I like this so it's in the running but not really my fav.  Also not so traditional as weddings go, also would be a little bit pricier.

Cake #3 - This one is my absolute FAV!  It screams winter.  It screams Christmas to me.  I luv the way the artist applied the butter cream icing, reminds me of snow for some reason.  Luv the red & white roses,  I could actually make mine from sugar dough instead of real... A topper would look lovely instead of the flowers on top.

Cake #4 -  Simple traditional 3 tier w/ fondant & red ribbon.  Elegant and beautiful.


So, which is your FAV?

Again, none of these cakes are my creations
BUT
as for inspiration purposes,  they are all gorgeous.

Which would you choose?

I would really appreciate your input.  Leave me a comment, send me some new inspiration, wish me a Merry Christmas...
(If my Bride & Groom are reading this...let me know your thoughts too)

Vote for a cake.

#1- Poinsettia & Butter cream Cake
 #2- Gift Box Cake    
             #3- Winter Wonderland Cake             
#4- Elegant Ribbons Cake
  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Testing the comment box!

JennA said...

Kim, #3 is my favorite too. Looks like a winter wonderland.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...